This event is history, please check out our future events !
Why this seminar?
Because of their increasing dependency on technology to support the core business functions, companies have come to realize that simple disaster recovery plans for ICT services are now insufficient to remain operational, even in a disaster modus.
This one-day seminar offers a proven framework and lifecycle for the construction, implementation, training and testing of a disaster recovery plan (DRP) and business continuity plan (BCP) and looks at the issues surrounding the continuity of essential business functions under all circumstances.
During this interactive seminar, participants will obtain a practical knowledge
on how to establish a proper DRP and BCP including an overview of the possible
pitfalls. Every lifecycle phase is presented as a lecture session followed by
a real case study exercise to ensure full understanding and consolidate the
key learning points.
- Project initiation
- Awareness programs
- Business Impact Analysis
- Risk Assessment
- Developing BCP strategies
- Developing and implementation of a BC plan
- Training programs
- Testing and maintenance
- Crisis communication
- Auditing BC plans
Questions answered in this seminar
At the end of this course, participants should:
- Have a high level understanding of the overall DRP and BCP Lifecycle
- Know how to create a company wide awareness program, also for Disaster Recovery Planning
- Have the knowledge to conduct a proper Business Impact Analysis and Risk Assessment related to IT
- Have an overview and know how to identify and select cost-effective continuity strategies for critical business processes and their supporting ICT systems
- Be able to guide their business and ICT personnel through the development and audit of a realistic and practical Business Continuity Plan
Who should attend this seminar ?
- This one day course is appropriate for IT Managers, Business Continuity Managers, Risk Managers, Security Managers, Property and Facility Managers, Operations Managers, Communication Managers, Internal Auditors, Financial and other business managers who are developing and implementing a business continuity plan for their organization.