The Future of IT: the Next 20 Years, Wed 12 September 2012
This event is history, please check out our future events !
|13.30h - 14.00h||Registration and welcome of the participants with coffee/tea and croissants|
|14.00h - 14.50h||20 Years of IT Trends - What have we learned ? (Rick van der Lans, Manager of R20/Consultancy)|
- The hype-sensitivity of IT
- Predicting the future of IT is hard
- A critical study of the past
- How to estimate the impact of new trends such as cloud computing, social media and mobile devices ?
- Will it be a battle between megavendors or is there still room for best-of-breed solutions ?
- A few young Flemish entrepreneurs: what they do and how they are doing it: e.g. Engagor, Shallibuy, Tapcrowd, Carambla, YouBridge, TwitSpark, ...
- What is the state of mind of GenY entrepreneurs? What can we learn from them ?
- How to integrate the rules of the 'lean startup' into established companies
- How to keep a spirit of entrepreneurship in established companies to ensure constant innovation
- Lessons learned from young entrepreneurs, do they apply to all businesses ?
|15.30h - 15.50h||RealITy Check 1: What are the most important business/IT challenges of IT decision makers today ? (Luc Verbist, CIO of De Persgroep)|
|15.50h - 16.20h||Coffee/Tea and Refreshments|
|16.20h - 17.10h||IT in "The New Normal": Information is the New Oil (Peter Hinssen, Across Technology)|
- From technology-centric to information-centric "information technology"
- Information is the new oil, and digital has become "normal"
- How "The New Normal" is forcing IT to shift drastically towards innovation
- Now that everybody is in the information business, the role of IT departments and CIO's changes
- How to turn your current IT department into an agile, information-driven "business function formerly known as IT" ?
|17.10h - 17.50h||Business Model Innovation: Connecting Strategy with Implementation (Remco Blom, Senior Consultant, BiZZdesign)|
- What is a business model and how to represent this ?
- How business models help to bring Business and IT around the (same) table in an early stage
- Your innovation toolbox
- Your business model
- How does Business Model Innovation help in the innovation process ?
|17.50h - 18.15h||RealITy Check 2: What are the most important innovation challenges of IT decision makers today ? Prof. Dr. Bart Van den Bosch (CIO, UZ Leuven)|
|18.15u - 19.30u||Walking Dinner Buffet & Giant Networking Opportunity|
|19.30h - 20.15h||The Once and Future King – the transformation of business analysis over the
past and the next 20 years (Suzanne Robertson, Atlantic Systems Guild)|
- The traditional role of business analysis and users' requirements
- Tailored software to meet users' requirements
- Tailored users to meet software requirements
- Users' growing sophistication and awareness of their work
- The effect of the portable workplace and the App Store
- The new role of the business analyst
|20.15h - 20.45h||RealITy Check 3: What are the most important business analysis challenges of IT decision makers today ? (Carl Tilkin-Franssens, CIO of Acerta group)|
|20.45h||Conclusions & Summary|
|21.00h||End of this Seminar|
© I.T. Works, Technologiepark 3, 9052 Gent - E-Mail:
- Phone: +32 (9) 241.56.13 - Fax: +32 (9) 241.56.56 -