Welcome to the Linux, Unix & Open Systems resource center !
Linux is a freely-distributable open source operating system that runs on nearly all hardware platforms, from embedded systems over low-cost Intel-based servers to mainframes. The Linux kernel was developed mainly by Linus Torvalds.
- A Linux Distribution Comparison Matrix - The real difference between distributions lies primarily in how much effort it takes to accomplish your specific goals. The five distributions compared here represent the "Who's Who" of the major English-language distributions.
- Open Invention Network - Open Invention Network (OIN) is a company that has and will acquire patents and offer them royalty-free to promote Linux and spur innovation globally, was launched today with financial support from IBM, Novell, Philips, Red Hat, and Sony. The company, believed to be the first of its kind, is creating a new model where patents are openly shared in a collaborative environment and used to facilitate the advancement of applications for, and components of, the Linux operating system.
- Open Source Databases and Development Tools - An annotated roundup of open-source database packages and development tools
- United Linux - the "überdistribution" - UnitedLinux is a standards-based Linux operating system targeted at the business user. It is developed, marketed and sold by an experienced partnership of Linux companies.
- Linux in Business - Who is using Linux ? - This page contains a list of references to commercial sites that make use of Linux to support their day-to-day business function. It's intended to be useful if you would like to find out more about how Linux is being used in commercial and other production (i.e., not at home, not just for fun) environments.
- Linux Customer Testimonials (source: IBM) - Watch and listen to customers from a range of industries describe how IBM solutions have enhanced their operations.
- Handy one-liners for SED - SED (stream editor) is an incredibly handy tool for manipulating files. Very complex operations can be done in just one SED statement. Free productivity tool for Unix/Linux, but has been ported to Windows.
- Belgian Linux businesses - A list of Linux hardware, software and services providers in Belgium.
- Overview of Belgian Linux companies at Linux.be - Alphabetical list of Linux-oriented companies
- Linux rises, but Vista still rules - Linux suppliers should forget touting Linux as a cheaper alternative to Windows. Instead, pitch Linux as a luxury product whose stability, versatility, and virus-resistant technology deserve a premium price.
- Desktop Linux for small business - Is your business ready to take the open source plunge? We test five leading desktop Linux distributions and come up with one winner: Ubuntu Linux 5.1, with SUSE Linux 10 as a close second.
- NOVELL: Novell Certified Linux Engineer - Novell Certified Linux Engineer: new certification program
- Linux Today - Editor's Note: The End of Linux - JDS is SUSE Linux, StarOffice, and some other tools all wrapped up in a pretty GNOME ribbon. Strangely enough, this Sun product is called Java Desktop System, although it has nothing to do with Java.
- Kangaroot - LINUX services for Small and Medium Enterprises
- Life - Belgian Linux company, proud to deliver Linux to the most mission critical environments possible and into all cornerstones of society
- Stone-IT - Linux for Business - Linux Consulting, Solutions, Support and Education
- AppWatch.com - Linux applications overview
- Complete overview of Linux companies - Overview of hardware and software vendors
- Mind Linux Solutions - a fast-growing solution provider that focuses on Linux and other Open Source software in Belgium and abroad
- Linux Cluster Institute - Provides education and advanced technical training for the deployment and use of Linux-based computing clusters to the high performance computing community worldwide. This is a partnership founded by NCSA (Illinois), CHPC (New Mexico) and Watson Research Center (IBM).
- Developer Products for Linux for IBM zSeries and S/390 - There are now nearly 250 applications from over 150 companies available for Linux on IBM's zSeries and S/390
- HP's Linux products and services - End-to-end Linux solutions from HP allow companies to build always-on infrastructures with an open, stable foundation for the future.
- IBM Linux Portal - Linux at IBM - Linux is winning over businesses worldwide with its stability, security, scalability and power. Long a supporter, IBM is now a recognized leader in the Linux community for its complete Linux solutions.
- Linugen (Linux Business Solutions) - A Linux-minded open source solution and hardware provider. "Using open source technology, Linugen offers its customers a wide range of high-end, but low-cost solutions. With Linugen, your company has access to tomorrow's technology, giving your business a head start today."
- Linvision - Dutch company that specializes in high-end ICT solutions for business and Linux applications in particular
- Stone-IT BV - Linux consulting, solutions, support and education in Belgium and the Netherlands