Why Blockchain Projects Fail and How They Might Succeed
Learn more about identifying relevant use cases, building the right product and more robust business cases
24 April 2019 (14-18.30h)
Location: Parker Hotel
Presented in English
by Gerrie Smits and Thomas Marckx
Price: 480 EUR
(excl. 21% VAT)
This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars, or send us an email
Check out our related open workshops:
Check out our related in-house workshops:
Even beyond the hype, blockchains are still very promising !
So, despite the crypto crash and the critical colleagues ("it's just a database!") you have a feeling that blockchain does have potential. In this workshop, we focus on what blockchain can do for your business. We also get an idea of what it can't do, very important if you are preparing a business case or raising money for a start-up.
This session is for business and IT people who have a basic understanding of what blockchain is, but want to learn a more structured way of thinking about blockchain projects: how to identify relevant use cases, how to come up with relevant solutions and what steps to take towards a more robust business case.
Who should attend ?
This workshop is aimed at anyone who wants to know more about the potential of blockchain technology, one of the most important innovations since the Internet. Blockchain can disrupt any industry, also your industry. This workshop will be your eye-opener to the business opportunities of blockchains, tokens, ecosystem thinking and decentralisation.
This is not a technical workshop, we don't program and you don't need to bring a laptop, although the presenters can also go into those details if you want to.
What will you do and learn in this session?
This workshop answers these and many other questions:
- What was promised and what has been realised so far ?
- How should you think about blockchain-based businesses and eco-systems ?
- What are the key success factors of blockchain ?
- How do you identify relevant use cases ?
- How do you use the Value Mapping Canvas to find opportunities ?
- How can companies come to eco-system agreements and governance rules ?
- Why a token economy models so interesting ?
- What are the questions that need to be answered in order to take your blockchain use case a step forward and turn it into a project ?
This is a very brief overview of the programme of this unique seminar:
AGENDA » SPEAKERS »
- 13.30h - 14.00h: Registration and welcome of the participants with coffee/tea and croissants + Networking opportunity
- 1 - Reality Check
- 2 - Back to basics, what are conceptual components of blockchain
- 3 - What are some projects built and why did they succeed or fail
- 4 - So what can you do with blockchain - Optimisation
- 5 - So what can you do with blockchain - New Services
- 6 - Why eco-systems work and why they fail
- 7 - Token models & community models
- 8 - Blockchain Canvas to validate and pitch
- 18.15h: Conclusions and Summary
- 18.30h: End of this Seminar
Questions about this ? Interested but you can't attend ? Send us an email !