Applied Enterprise Architecture Concepts
Take a flying start into enterprise architecture with this (airline-case-based) intensive workshop that links strategy, business and technology
18-21 October 2011 (10-18)
Register Now »
Location: Golden Tulip Brussels Airport
Presented in English
Price: 2400 EUR
(excl. 21% VAT)
This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars
9.30h - 10.00h
Registration and coffee/tea
Registration (only first day)
Start of each workshop day
This programme is spread over 4 days, from 10h00 till 18h00, with a lunch
around 13h00. Our speaker, John Gøtze, will be present from 9h30 in case
you have specific questions.
This course builds upon knowledge and skills learned in the Fundamentals of Enterprise Architecture course by focusing on how to apply those concepts
through a class-wide architecture project that develops a web-based EA repository
and integrated set of basic EA artifacts. This course is based on Scott Bernard's "An Introduction to Enterprise Architecture" book, which you should have read prior to attending this course.
The participants will develop a complete enterprise architecture in small groups and with professional guidance, for the airline company "Enterprise Airways" (EA). They will start with artifacts that will document/model strategic initiatives and measures; going through business
requirements for processes and services; and rounding this off with supporting technology solutions
including information systems, applications, databases, websites, networks,
security, and standards. The course will also cover best practices to develop
EA artifacts in a manner that promotes linkage between the strategic, business,
Day 4: Where do you go from here ?
- Day 1: Getting up to speed
(this is a very intensive day, hope you are well-prepared and have had enough sleep)
- What is Enterprise Architecture ?
- Enterprise Architecture Defined
- EA Inputs and Drivers
- EA Outcomes
- EA Activities
- EA Core Elements
- Introduction to the case study
- Day 2: Documenting Sub-Architectures
- Strategy Sub-Architecture: strategic plan, SWOT analysis, concept of operations (CONOPS), Balanced Scorecard, strategy map
- Business Sub-Architecture: Business plan, process diagram, activities, business use cases, ...
- Data Sub-Architecture: knowledge management plan, information exchange and CRUD matrix, data models, data dictionary, ...
- Systems and Applications Sub-Architecture: interfaces, communication, data flow, performance, data exchange, ...
- Network and Infrastructure Sub-Architecture: connectivity diagrams, inventories, ...
- Security Sub-Architecture: security plan and solutions, continuity of operations, disaster recovery
- Standards Documentation
- Workforce Documentation: workforce plan, org chart, knowledge and skills
- Day 3: Implementing Sub-Architectures
- Implementing the Strategy, Business, Data, Application Sub-Architecture
- Putting Strategy & Business and Data & Systems Artifacts in an EA repository
- Implementing the Network and Security Sub-Architecture & Putting it in the EA repository
- Current and future architectures and views
- Target architecture workshop
- Reviewing an EA Management Plan
End of each workshop day
This workshop is organised in cooperation with
and EA Fellows.
of participants is limited to 16 for maximum interaction and learning experience.
SPEAKERS » REGISTER »