Enterprise Content Management
Concepts, business case, technology for structuring and managing information, Web content and documents.
3 March 2005 (14-21)
Location: Sofitel Diegem
(Diegem near Brussels (Belgium))
Presented in English
Price: 480 EUR
(excl. 21% VAT)
This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars
Check out our related in-house workshops:
Registration, Coffee/Tea and Croissants
Enterprise Content Management: Introduction, Positioning, Concepts and Technology
Introduction: information maturity model, structured vs. unstructured content,
- Business drivers: compliance, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), efficiency improvement,
- Positioning: what is the place of Content Management in the IT landscape?
- ECM vs. Smart Enterprise Suites
- Enterprise content management as the integration of traditional document
management, web content management, digital asset management and document
- Locking / check in / check out
- Versioning & Branching
- Meta-data / Categorising / classification
- Lifecycle & Workflow
- Access control/Security
- Digital Rights Management
- Snapshots (publication)
- An ECM Architecture:
- Content creation...
- and delivery (typically via an enterprise portal)
- ECM technologies: XML, WebDAV, application servers, portals, ...
- ECM business case
Introduction to Information Architecture: how to make
(Paul Hermans, Amplexor)
- structuring and organizing information
- by subject, by chronology, ...
- labeling information
- navigation systems
- background utilities
- controlled vocabularies, thesauri, taxonomies
Case Study: KBC
(Wim Perdieus, Information Architect, KBC )
- In a corporation, there are typically many types of content, each requiring their own approach. Wim Perdieus explains how - depending on the lifetime, cost of content production, target audience and the skills of the contributors - KBC finally chose to automate Content Management with 2 different intranet applications:
- KBCiNet is used for the internal distribution of nice to know information
- The Kennisbank is for the internal distribution of instructions and extra information to large target audiences
- For every system, we focus on a number of aspects, such as organisation,
workflow, versioning, the publication process, search functionality, technical setup and integration with other systems
- We conclude with a look at future developments and their motivation.
ECM Tools: Market Overview and Comparison
- Market overview: Documentum, SAP, IBM, Hummingbird, ...
- Vendor selection and "Buy versus build":
- Off-the-shelf packages versus customised solutions
- What open source options are available?
Web Content Management (WCM) tools
- How to deal with legacy conversion: 1st-generation static websites and Intranets
- Content input, management and presentation in WCM
- Budgeting web projects
- Specific selection criteria for Web CMSes
- Market overview: Interwoven, Vignette, Tridion, Stellent, Serena Collage, Microsoft SharePoint, Mediasurface Morello, ...
Organisation and Processes
- Project management
- Internal staffing
- The integrator's perspective
- Do's and Don'ts in ECM
Roundup of this seminar, Conclusions & Summary, Final
Questions and Answers
End of this seminar
Questions about this ? Interested but you can't attend ? Send us an email !