A personalized and user-friendly interface that centralizes information, applications and processes to do your job better and more productively.
17 February 2005 (14-21)
Location: Sofitel Diegem
(Diegem near Brussels (Belgium))
Presented in English
Price: 480 EUR
(excl. 21% VAT)
This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars, or send us an email
Check out our related in-house workshops:
Registration, Coffee/Tea and Croissants
Introduction: what are enterprise portals and why do you
need them ?
What is an enterprise portal ?
- Where do they come from ?
- From Intranet to enterprise portal
- A classification of portals - different portals for different categories
of users ?
- Portals and content management
- Typical user requirements
- The ROI of portals
Underlying Technologies for Enterprise Portals
- The portal presentation layer: Web interface, mobile access, ...
- Personalisation techniques
- The taxonomy challenge
- The portal directory
- Portal content management
- Application servers
- Search tools and semantic engines
- Security: access control, authentication and single sign-on
- Portal adapters for extending functionality and integrating applications:
portlets, Web parts, gadgets, iViews, ...
- Web-based collaboration
- Reliability and availability issues
- Selecting the right tool for the job
Collaboration and Workflow: Processes within Portals
- Workflow and collaboration as a portal component, and the possible resulting
- Web-based collaboration solutions (such as co-editing documents and projects)
via a portal
- The "process portal": codifying your best practices into business
processes via the portal
- Questions to ask the portal framework vendor on "process automation".
- Market evolution
- Specialized portal players: Citrix NFuse, Hummingbird, Plumtree, Portal
Software, Viador, ...
- What the big software players are offering today:
- IBM WebSphere Portal Server
- SAP Portals
- Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server
- BEA WebLogic Portal
- Sun ONE Portal Server
- Computer Associates CleverPath
- Sybase Enterprise Portal (EP)
- Novell Portal Services
- Other portal players like Broadvision, Vignette, ...
- Several interesting case studies have been presented at the 8 previous sessions
of this portals seminar. What lessons can be learnt? Are there any portal
project patterns? Is there a boilerplate business case for portals? What technologies
and portal applications are typical for what kind of company?
- We will discuss succesful portal projects realised with SharePoint,
Main Case Study: Belgacom
Van Vlierberghe, Project Manager)
- Business case
- Project overview
- Tool selection for the Enterprise Portal and the underlying Content Management
- Portal-wide search: tool selection and implementation
- Lessons learned and plans for the future
How to Implement an Enterprise Portal, and how to Make it
- What's involved in building an enterprise portal ?
- The impact on application development
- Implementation strategy
- Customizing a portal to meet your specific business needs
- Maintaining an enterprise portal
Roundup of this seminar, Conclusions & Summary, Final
Questions and Answers
End of this seminar
Questions about this ? Interested but you can't attend ? Send us an email !