This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars
Check out our related open workshops:
- Trustworthy & Ethical AI Conference (February 13, 2020)
- Ontwerpen van een Moderne Data-Architectuur (March 11-12, 2020)
- Discover your Facilitation Skills (Full-Day Workshop) (March 25, 2020)
- Facts Tell, Stories Sell + Getting to the Essence (2 Half-Day Workshops) (March 25, 2020)
- BA and Beyond 2020 - The Belgian Business Analysis Conference (March 26, 2020)
- Business Analysis Agility (April 1-2, 2020)
- Pre-Project Problem Analysis (May 6, 2020)
- Pre-Project Problem Analysis + Systems Thinking (May 6-7, 2020)
- Systems Thinking for Business Analysts (May 7, 2020)
Check out our related in-house workshops:
What will you learn at this unique event on the future of big data ?
Big data, advanced analytics and smart business are now at the top of every corporate agenda. Together, they promise to transform the way companies do business. This seminar looks at the future of big data, which is not just about tools or technologies, but about turning your company into a smart data-driven business.
Together with various experts in the field of big data, we look at the trends that are forcing us to become data-driven and the opportunities that this brings, but we also look at the challenges in terms of data protection and privacy.
We also explore the next big step for big data, where machine learning and deep learning algorithms will analyse these vast quantities of data, and quickly derive actionable insights. In the near future, routine tasks will be automated based on all available data, and this will result in massive productivity gains.
Turn smart data-driven business into your competitive advantage by attending this one-day seminar, and learn from our thought-provoking speakers in the big data field at this unique one-day seminar:
- Rick van der Lans follows the big data market very closely and will reflect on some trends, particularly the changing role of data, and the move towards fast data.
- Pieter den Hamer explains how the Internet of Data (IoD) fuels digital business ecosystems and data-driven innovation, based on his real-life experience at Alliander.
- Peter Craddock (DLA Piper) talks about big data protection and privacy, and the impact of the GDPR on your big data projects. This new European regulation is a top concern in many big data efforts today.
- Jan Henderyckx goes deeper into big data governance, by focusing on the steps you need to take to get sustainable and compliant value out of your big data.
- Filip Maertens explores the world of AI-first big data projects, where AI and machine learning leads to smart big data.
This is a very brief overview of the programme of this unique seminar:
AGENDA » SPEAKERS » REGISTER »
- 13.30h - 14.00h: Registration and welcome of the participants with coffee/tea and croissants + Networking opportunity
- 14.00h: The Changing Role of Data - Rick van der Lans (R20/Consultancy)
- 15.00h: Data-Driven Innovation - Pieter den Hamer (Utrecht University & Alliander)
- 15.50h Coffee/Tea, Refreshments and Networking
- 16.10h: Big Data Protection & Privacy - Peter Craddock (DLA Piper)
- 17.00h: Big Data Governance - Jan Henderyckx (Inpuls))
- 17.40h - 19.00h: Walking Dinner Buffet & Giant Networking Opportunity & VR Demo
- 19.00h: Artificial Intelligence: how a new industrial revolution changes all industries - Filip Maertens (faction.xyz)
- 19.50h: From Big Data to Fast Data - Rick van der Lans (R20/Consultancy)
- 20.45h - Conclusions and Summary
- 21.00h - End of this Seminar