Simplified J2EE Applications using Spring, Hibernate and Struts
Develop easier to maintain J2EE apps faster and cheaper with these open source projects.
12 October 2005 (14-21)
Location: Business Faculty Brussel
Presented in English
Price: 480 EUR
(excl. 21% VAT)
This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars
Check out our related in-house workshops:
13.30h - 14.00h
Registration, coffee/tea and croissants
14.00h - 14.30h
Part I: What's Wrong with J2EE Development ?
- The current J2EE state
- Why do J2EE projects tend to fail?
- Lessons learned from the EJB world
- Sunís Best Practices & other Design Patterns
14.30h - 15.30h
Part IIa: Lightweight Containers
- What are "lightweight containers" ?
- Inversion of Control (IoC)
- Setter, Constructor & Method injection
- BeanFactory & ApplicationContext
- Bean Wiring and Autowiring
- Aspect-Oriented Programming (AOP)
- Before, After and Around Advice
- Joinpoints, Pointcuts and Weaving
15.30h - 16.00h
Coffee/Tea and Refreshments
16.00h - 17.00h
Part IIb: Persistency Strategies
- Choices in the persistence world
- JDBC, JDO, Hibernate, TopLink, EJB, ...
- Getting started with Hibernate ORM
- Features and tools
- POJO Mapping
- Hibernate Query Language (HQL)
- Inheritance Mapping Scenarios
- Detached Objects
- Relationship Mapping: one-to-one, one-to-many, ...
- Future directions of Hibernate and EJB3
17.00h - 18.00h
Part IIc: Presentation Frameworks
- The Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture
- MVC frameworks
- Struts, JavaServer Faces (JSF), Spring MVC, WebWork, ...
- Struts in Action
- Controller: Action & ActionForward
- Model: ActionForms & Model Beans
- View: <bean:> & tags
- Declarative Exception
- DynaForms and Tiles
19.00h - 19.30h
Part IId: Remoting Strategies
- Accessing remote services
- Hessian, Burlap, JAX-RPC, RMI, HTTP-Invoker
19.30h - 20.00h
Part III: Spring Integration Scenarios
- Spring & Database Integration
- HibernateTemplate & HibernateDaoSupport
- Spring & Struts Framework
- Spring & Enterprise Services
20.00h - 20.30h
What is Next: What is the Future of J2EE, EJB, Spring, Hibernate, Struts, ... ?
20.30h - 21.00h
What did we learn today: summary, conclusions and final Q&A
End of this seminar
Questions about this ? Interested but you can't attend ? Send us an email !