Pre-Project Problem Analysis + Systems Thinking
Practical Techniques for Early Business Analysis Engagement + Systems Thinking Workshop
29-30 November 2021 (9-17h CEST)
Register Now »
Location: Live Online Event
(@YOUR DIGITAL WORKPLACE)
Presented in English
by Adrian Reed
Price: 1150 EUR
(excl. 21% VAT)
The Pre-Project Problem Analysis course is well suited for anyone needing to understand and use practical business analysis techniques to do problem analysis early in the project lifecycle. It will be of particular interest to BA teams that are looking to 'left shift' and seek early engagement.
The Systems Thinking course is well suited for anyone needing to understand how to analyse tricky problems early in the project lifecycle. It will also be of particular interest to BA teams that are seeking early business engagement, or those that are working with multiple stakeholder groups.
If you are involved in early business analysis engagement, and thinking about holistic business solutions beyond a single project, then these 2 workshops with Adrian Reed are for you. There is special price if you register for both workshops.
Typical delegates include: Business Analysts, Business Systems Analysts, Consultants, Requirements Managers, Requirements Engineers,
The workshop "Pre-Project Problem Analysis"
is organized on Monday the 29th of November 2021. Check out the full programme here. This is a LiveOnline Workshop from 9 to 17h CET.
In the practical and hands-on one-day course on Pre-Project Problem Analysis, you will get practical and proven techniques for early business analysis engagement.
After attending this course, delegates will:
- Understand what pre-project problem analysis is, and its significance in the analysis and project lifecycle
- Understand the importance of stakeholder identification, categorisation and management
- Be able to define a problem using a 'problem statement' and understand how successful outcomes can be articulated with Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- Understand what a Business Use Case diagram is and understand its value in articulating scope during pre-project problem analysis
- Use a 1 page 'Project Concept Summary' template to bring together a potential project idea onto a page
The workshop "Systems Thinking for Business Analysts" is organized on Tuesday the 30th of November 2021. Check out the full programme here. This is a LiveOnline Workshop from 9 to 17h CET.
In the practical and hands-on one day course "Systems Thinking for Business Analysts", you will hear about the importance of systems thinking in a business analysis context, and you will learn to:
- Understand the danger of 'silver-bullet' solutions that are pursued without sufficient
- Understand what 'systems thinking' is, why it is important for business analysis and projects,
and the consequences of applying linear/siloed thinking.
- Be able to differentiate between 'difficulties' and 'messes', and use this differentiation to select appropriate problem solving tools for a given context.
- Be familiar with a technique for examining the external business environment.
- Be familiar with a range of relevant tools and techniques:
- Rich Pictures
- Multiple Cause Diagrams
- Causal Loops
If you register for both one-day workshops, you get a discount.
The timing for both workshop days is as follows:
8.45h - 9.00h
Welcome in the Waiting Room
Introduction, Some theory, techniques, practical tips and a lot of exercises via workshops
A bit more theory, techniques, practical tips and even more exercises via workshops
Reflection, final Q & A
End of this Workshop - opportunity to talk with problem analysis and systems thinking expert Adrian Reed until 17.30h
Adrian Reed is a true advocate of the business analysis profession. In his day job, he acts as Principal Consultant and Director at Blackmetric Business Solutions where he provides Business Analysis consultancy and training solutions to a range of clients in varying industries. Adrian is Immediate Past President of the UK chapter of the IIBA and he speaks internationally on topics relating to Business Analysis and business change.
Adrian is author of the 2016 book, "Be a Great Problem Solver Now!", and the 2018 book "Business Analyst". You can read Adrian's blog at http://www.adrianreed.co.uk. Follow Adrian on Twitter @UKAdrianReed.
Check out these related open workshops:
Check out our related in-house workshops:
Questions about this ? Interested but you can't attend ? Send us an email !