RFID: Opportunities and Challenges
Tracking and tracing your assets, materials and products.
9 March 2005 (14-21)
Location: Sofitel Diegem
(Diegem near Brussels (Belgium))
Presented in English
Price: 480 EUR
(excl. 21% VAT)
This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars, or send us an email
Check out our related in-house workshops:
Registration, Coffee/Tea and Croissants
(Edwin Birnbaum, CEO, Clarity Advisers)
- Overview and short history of identification and tracking technologies
- How does RFID relate to other technologies?
- Strategic choices to be made
How is RFID being leveraged?
- Internal business case
- External business case
- What is unique about RFID ?
Technology (part I)
- Type of tags:
- Classes: active-passive; read-write versus read only
- Frequency choice
- Considerations for tag attachments
- Type of Readers:
- Fork lift truck based
- Dock doors
- Conveyor belt
- Handheld, ...
Standards and regulations (part II)
- Standards: ISO versus EPCGlobal
- Tag Protocol
- Data content
- Radio regulations by region
- Health and safety
- Regulatory Mandates (Pharmaceuticals, Shipping, ...)
- Privacy issues
- Global Data Synchronisation
- Generic Architecture
- EPCGlobal architecture: Savant, ONS, PML
- Integration with applications
- What is Application Integration (in RFID context)?
- Typical problems encountered.
- The business case for Application Integration: what do you use the data
Case study: NBD/Biblion
(Maarten Tiebout, Project Manager)
- NBD/Biblion is the central purchase
organisation for Dutch public libraries. After having tested and piloted RFID,
NBD/Biblion decided in September 2003 to provide all new books with RFID labels.
The libraries are using RFID technology for registration, security, inventory-keeping
and to enable self-service.
- Maarten Tiebout gives an overview of the project: requirement gathering,
selection, pilot projects and roll-out.
Key lessons learned from
- Issues with
- User mandates and expected timing
- Supplier overview: chips, tags, readers, software, integration, and consultants
- Stages of a successful deployment
- When to start
- How to start
- When to deploy
- When is the right time to invest
Roundup of this seminar, Conclusions & Summary, Final
Questions and Answers
End of this seminar
Questions about this ? Interested but you can't attend ? Send us an email !