This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars
Check out our related open workshops:
Check out our related in-house workshops:
Both workshop days start at 10h00. We welcome the participants with coffee/tea and croissants from 9h30 onwards, and both days end around 18h00. Spread over 2 days, we will cover:
1. The smart use case approach:
Short overview of the workshop, how it all fits together
- Agile software development and agile requirements
- Determine project scope
- Identify business processes
- Identify smart use cases
- Model smart use cases
- Estimate smart use cases
2. Agile software development and agile requirements
A pragmatic and agile modelling approach to systems development projects
- Why model ?
- Why agile ?
- How does agile work ?
- Different levels of requirements: cloud, kite, sea and fish level
- User stories, huge use cases and the YAGNI (you ain't gonna need it) principle
- A pragmatic modelling approach, from business process to working application
3. Identifying scope and business processes
How to deal with business processes
- How do you set the scope of your project ?
- Which business processes are supported by the new application ?
- How do you model chronological and hierarchical processes ?
- Elementary business processes
- How do you use the OTOPOP (one time, one place, one person) rule to limit the scope of use cases ?
- The transition from business processes to smart use cases
This workshop starts where most UML trainings end: you will learn how to use UML and use cases in a practical, pragmatic, productive and agile way !
4. Identifying smart use cases
Smart use cases as a "fil rouge" in a project: how does this work ?
- Different levels of use cases - sea level and fish level
- From business processes to smart use cases
- How do you identify smart use cases in your project ?
- How to distinguish between the different types of smart use cases ?
5. Modelling smart use cases
- How to model use cases diagrams ?
- How to describe use cases
- Actors and use cases
- Use case scenario's
6. Implementing & Testing smart use cases
- The smart use case implementation cycle
- Writing use cases
- Test scenarios and test cases
- Unit testing smart use cases
- Testing in the agile life cycle
- Estimating projects, releases and iterations
7. Domain Modelling
- How to model class diagrams
- Modelling attributes, value objects, references, enumerations, associations, aggregations, composition, dependencies, ...
- What is domain-driven design
8. Requirements in Agile Projects
SPEAKERS » REGISTER »
- Agile requirements. Business Analysis in an agile environment
- Roles in agile development
- Best practices when you use UML and smart use cases in agile projects
- The smart use case as a guideline for the "Definition of Done"