This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars, or send us an email
Why do we organize this seminar ?
The future of the Web is about self-service and self-service is about simplicity. Your job is about understanding how to create quality service-focused websites and apps that truly focus on what the customer needs. It's about making things easy and fast. This workshop will help you do that.
Are the tiny tasks making your life - and the life of your customers - miserable ? All these requests from all these stakeholders who want this and that feature, who want their content prioritized. Is much of your week spent dealing with tiny tasks when you know you should be improving the top tasks of your customers ? Do you need a method that helps you prioritize and easily defend the decisions you make based on these priorities? Well, then this workshop is for you.
Top Task Management is part of Lean Design thinking. It's about creating an environment that is built to change rather than built to last. Top Task Management is very much suited to mobile design because it is about focusing on what is essential, making sure that the customers are able to quickly and easily complete their top tasks. Top Task Management is about measuring and managing outcomes, not inputs. If customer A spends 2 minutes on a page and customer B spends 4 minutes on a page, which was more satisfied? Is it really a good thing that employees are looking at lots of pages on your intranet?
The old web metrics are broken. Not just broken. They often give a false and damaging impression of your performance. High volumes of visitors, spending lots of time, looking at lots of pages could be positive but could just as well be negative. The scary thing is: WE DON'T KNOW.
Top Task Management gives you a way to focus on customer self-service and to truly know how well your website is performing. It is used by organizations such as Microsoft, Cisco, VMware and IBM. It gives you real metrics that truly measure how well your online environment is performing. But more than that, it gives you a roadmap for improvement.
What will you learn ?
During this workshop, our speaker Gerry McGovern will teach you:
- Cutting edge techniques to clearly identify your customers' top tasks. Equally, you will also identify the tiny tasks; those that have low demand.
- How to measure the performance of your customers' top tasks. A tried and trusted method that will deliver solid management metrics and will drive improvement of your website.
- How to manage the competing demands of different organizational stakeholders and their views on what should be prioritized.
- How to persuade senior managers that your online presence is a core business asset and should be treated like one.
Who should attend this seminar ?
This seminar is intended for anyone who wants to learn about customer-oriented web, app and mobile design, including (but not limited to):
- Managers responsible for large, complex commercial or government websites and intranets
- Those responsible for designing such large websites
13.30h - 14.00h
Registration and welcome of the participants with Coffee/Tea and Croissants and Networking Opportunity
Top Task Management Explained
- Why by far the most important metric is your customers time.
- Customers are task-obsessed. Learn why you need to manage the tasks, not the technology, graphics or content
15.45h - 16.00h
Coffee/Tea Break and Networking Opportunity
16.00 - 17.45h
Identifying customer top tasks
- The major sources where you will get customer tasks from.
- How to refine your list of tasks: defining what is a task and what is not.
- Getting your customers to vote on the most important tasks to them.
17.45h - 19.00h
Dinner Buffet and Networking Opportunity
Measuring performance of top tasks
- Find out about the new metrics the Task Performance Indicator gives you: success rates, disaster rates and completion times.
- How to run a professional task performance test.
- How to use these metrics to develop a continuous improvement program for your top tasks.
19.50h - 20.00h
Short Coffee/Tea Break
20.00h - 20.45h
Improving findability / better search
- Learn what organizations like Cisco are using to manage millions of searches every month.
- Learn how to implement the Search Performance Indicator.
- Learn about the 3 secrets of search optimization success.
Q & A, Summary and Conclusions
- How will you use Top Task Management ?
End of this Seminar
Gerry McGovern helps large organizations become more customer centric on the Web. His Top Tasks methods have been used by organizations such as Cisco, Microsoft, IBM, Google, the European Union, Canadian Government, and hundreds of others.
He is the founder and CEO of Customer Carewords, a company that has developed a set of tools and methods to help large organizations identify and optimize their customers' top online tasks.
He has written six books on how the Web has facilitated the rise of customer power. His fifth book, The Stranger's Long Neck, was published in 2010. His sixth book Transform: A Rebel's Guide for Digital Transformation was published in July 2016.
The Irish Times described Gerry as one of five visionaries who have had a major impact on the development of the Web. He has appeared on BBC, CNN and CNBC television, partaken in various radio shows, and featured in numerous print media publications. Gerry has spoken about top task management in more than 35 countries.
He began his Web career in 1994. In 1996, Nua, a company he founded, received the Best Overall World Wide Web Business Achievement award from the European Union.
Questions about this ? Interested but you can't attend ? Send us an email !