Information Architecture Workshop
Making information accessible and designing intuitive web interfaces.
13 April 2005 (10-18h)
Location: Sofitel Diegem
(Diegem near Brussels (Belgium))
Presented in English
Price: 480 EUR
(excl. 21% VAT)
This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars, or send us an email
Check out our related open workshops:
Check out our related in-house workshops:
Registration and Coffee/Tea
Information architecture overview
The Information Architecture building blocks
- What is a classification system?
- What are the parts of a successful IA strategy?
- What are the skills and practices you need to develop in your teams?
- Where does IA fit in with design, technology, business and marketing?
Working methods & deliverables
We will discuss what working methods to use, and how to get your teams
to integrate these with the methodologies they already use.
- Which methods should I be using?
- Top down & bottom up IA.
- Really effective ways to do user testing.
- The secrets of doing a content inventory.
- Deliverables: wireframes & sitemaps, and why you might not need them.
- Methods that work in the enterprise
Understand various classification approaches, and their pros and cons
- Hierarchical classification
- Faceted classification
- Combining classification systems
IA FOP: Frequently Occurring
We will discuss some recurring problems to be solved in IA, by reviewing some
of the cases submitted beforehand by participants.
Examples could include :
- problems with decision making about the organization of the homepage,
- problems with figuring out how to organize complex information,
- problems with understanding whether users can find the information they
- problems with internal metadata versus client-facing metadata
- Enterprise IA challenges
- Bringing down the information silos.
- IA and its role in the enterprise
- Enterprise-wide information architectures vs. local information architectures
Common mistakes when developing portals and how to avoid them.
Future of IA
Information architecture is a relatively new discipline. This is an overview
of the latest thinking and some future directions in the field.
- New developments in IA.
- Global IA
- IA as a discipline.
Conclusions and Reflections on the Workshop
Questions about this ? Interested but you can't attend ? Send us an email !