ITIL: An Introduction, Positioning and Evaluation
What is ITIL, why is this important, and how do you introduce ITIL ?
11 October 2006 (14-21)
Location: Business Faculty Brussel
Presented in English
Price: 540 EUR
(excl. 21% VAT)
This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars, or send us an email
Check out our related in-house workshops:
ITIL (the IT Infrastructure Library) describes a set of "best practices"
to organise the ICT services in a company in an optimal and professional way.
It aims to improve the quality of the (ICT) services and the relationships with (internal)
customers. ITIL has been around for a while, but has gained widespread popularity
in recent years.
Most IT specialists in Belgium know about ITIL, and the acronym is being used
in a lot of company meetings. However, thorough knowledge of ITIL is rare,
and its terminology is often misunderstood.
This seminar will present you with the context in which ITIL must be considered.
It will give you an overview of ITIL and the ITIL management processes. Furthermore,
you'll get guidance in how to tackle an ITIL implementation project and which
tools can be used thereby. Finally the relationship between ITIL and other
frameworks and methodologies (such as CobiT, IPW and MOF) will be discussed.
A real-life case will illustrate the ITIL implementation and show the achieved
What questions will be answered during this seminar ?
- What is ITIL about ? And what is ITIL not about ?
- What can ITIL do for my company?
- Is my company ready for ITIL?
- What does an ITIL implementation encompass and how do you start?
- How do ITIL and other frameworks and methodologies relate to each other
(such as CobiT, IPW, MOF, ISO 9000, Six Sigma...)
Who should attend this seminar ?
- IT managers, Operations managers, and their co-workers who want to understand
how ITIL can optimize IT service & ICT operations
- Business Managers who want to improve their cooperation with the IT department
and better understand IT service management
- ICT specialists who consider implementing ITIL, and that want get a good
picture of what ITIL implies and what is possible using ITIL
- Everyone who is interested in optimising the functioning of the ICT department
Registration and Coffee/Tea
- ITIL: what is it and how is it structured ?
- Overview of the main ITIL application domains
- IT service support
- IT service delivery
- ICT infrastructure management
- Why ITIL ?
ITIL Context & Positioning
- ITIL & Quality Management
- ITIL & IT Governance
- ITIL as an IT Governance framework
- CMM and other (IT) maturity models
- Balanced Scorecard for IT
Overview of ITIL Processes
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Release Management
- Service Level Management
- Financial Management of IT Services
- Capacity Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Availability Management
Case Study: ITIL @ Fluxys
(Wim Troost, Fluxys)
- The ITIL Business Case: why did Fluxys implement ITIL ?
- How: project steps, implementation aspects, tools support, ...
- Lessons learned while implementing ITIL.
- ITIL business case
- ITIL implementation as a Change process
- Tools for ITIL
- BS15000 and certification
- ITIL & Six Sigma
- ITIL-based Frameworks
- IPW and the IPW Stadia Model
- HP ITSM Reference Model
- Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)
Conclusions and Wrap-up
Jan Dooms is an independent IT consultant and project manager. Jan has more than 15 years of experience in designing and implementing infrastructure and software solutions, both in mainframe, Unix and Microsoft-based environments.
He is specialized in optimizing the functioning of larger IT environments, mainly in the areas of IT service management, as well as in project, programme and change management. Jan holds certifications as a ITIL service manager, and as project & program manager. He can be reached at jan.dooms at jaimes.be.
Questions about this ? Interested but you can't attend ? Send us an email !