This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars
Check out our related open workshops:
Check out our related in-house workshops:
Registration with coffee/tea and croissants
Legal and Privacy Issues of Big Data
- What is big data ?
- Typical applications of big data
- Data sources for big data:
- Internal and external databases
- Sensors and the Internet-of-Things (IoT, IoE, RFID, NFC, iBeacons, ...)
- Camera images, smartphones, smart watches, smart glasses, smart cars, smart thermostats,
- Social media data and open data
- Belgian and European laws regarding personal data, privacy and data protection
- What are sensitive data, and what are the laws about this ?
- Data processing by third parties
- A Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA)
- Practical cases (anonymous): what is allowed and what is not allowed ? Typical use cases that may be discussed, depending on your questions: location-based services, health apps (e.g. used by insurance companies to personalize their offering), 360 degree-marketing, personalized mobile apps, cross-selling based on customer analytics, predictive analytics (e.g. predicting your shopping basket by retailers), targeted advertising (e.g. in shops, on public transport or via smart devices), ...
- Anonymising and aggregating big data sets
- Big data in the cloud
- The new European data protection and privacy laws
This presentation is interrupted for a 15-minute coffee/tea break.
Summary and Conclusions
End of this seminar