Putting Machine Learning to Work
Date: 12 June 2019 (9.30-17.30h)
Location: Parker Hotel
Price: 720 EUR (excl. 21% VAT)
Check out the LEARNING OBJECTIVES, the FULL PROGRAMME and WHO PRESENTS this.
This event is history,
please check out the NEXT SESSION
These related seminars and workshops may also be of interest to you:
8.30h - 9.30h
Registration, coffee/tea and croissants
Introduction to this course, the speaker and the participants
1. Model Development Introduction
- Current Trends in AI, Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics
- Algorithms in the News: Deep Learning
- The Modeling Software Landscape
- The Rise of R and Python: The Impact on Modeling and Deployment
- Do I Need to Know About Statistics to Build Predictive Models?
2. Strategic and Tactical Considerations in Binary Classification
- What's is an Algorithm?
- Is a "Black Box" Algorithm an Option for Me?
- Issues Unique to Classification Problems
- Why Classification Projects are So Common
- Why are there so many Algorithms?
3. The Tasks of the Model Phase
- Model Assessment
- Evaluate Model Results: Check Plausibility and Reliability
- Model Accuracy and Stability
- Why Accuracy and Stability are Not Enough
- What to Look for in Model Performance
- What are Potential Deployment Challenges for Each Candidate Model?
4. What is Unsupervised Learning?
- Why most organisations utilize unsupervised methods poorly:
- Case Study 1: Finding a new opportunity
- Case Studies 2, 3, and 4: How do supervised and unsupervised work together
- Data Preparation for Unsupervised
- The importance of standardization
- Running an analysis directly on transactional data
- Unsupervised Algorithms:
- Hierarchical Clustering
- Self-Organizing Maps
- K Nearest Neighbors
5. Wrap-up and Next Steps
- Supplementary Materials and Resources
- Conferences and Communities
- Get Started on a Project!
This course is a pre-conference workshop of the BI & Data Analytics Summit, a large conference in Belgium with 2 keynote speakers, 12 case-based presentations, and over 100 participants.
WHO presents ???
Questions about this ? Interested but you can't attend ? Send us an email !