RFID: Opportunities and Challenges
Tracking and tracing your assets, materials and products.
8 December 2004 (14-21)
Location: Sofitel Diegem
(Diegem near Brussels (Belgium))
Presented in English
Price: 480 EUR
(excl. 21% VAT)
This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars
Check out our related in-house workshops:
RFID stands for Radio Frequency Identification. It allows for objects to be
equipped with "RFID tags" to inexpensively transmit information about
their location, configuration, and history to an automated reader. This should
automate or improve various business processes from warehouse inventory control
Although RFID has been around for quite some time, it is strongly hyped at
the moment because of the diminishing cost of production of RFID tags. In this
seminar, we will give an overview of the technical aspects of RFID, its place
in the identification technology field, industry standards and involved software,
and the business case for RFID.
Questions answered during this seminar
- What is RFID all about ?
- What are possible applications ?
- How does it compare with barcodes, smartcards, ... ? Will RFID replace these
- Is the technology mature at this point ? What about standardization ?
- How does RFID fit in existing IT infrastructure ? Coupling with SCM, ERP
- What does it cost ? How do you present a business case ?
- Many other questions will be answered, including yours if you send them
Check out our RFID resource
Who should attend this seminar ?
AGENDA » SPEAKERS »
- IT managers who need to understand the concepts behind RFID
- Logistics managers looking for technology solutions..
Questions about this ? Interested but you can't attend ? Send us an email !