This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars, or send us an email
Check out our related open workshops:
Check out our related in-house workshops:
13.30h - 14.00h
Registration with coffee/tea and croissants
14.00h - 15.45h
An Introduction to Agile Software Development
- Why waterval is not working
- Challenges in modern software development projects
- The agile manifesto
- Characteristics of agile software development
- Working in short iterations
- Some myths about agile software development
- How does requirements gathering, design and architecture work with agile ?
- Which agile software development techniques exist ?
- A comparison of extreme programming, Scrum, DSDM, Smart, Lean, OpenUP, MSF Agile, ...
15.45h - 16.00h
16.00h - 16.45h
An Overview of Scrum and Kanban
- Introduction to Scrum: what, why and how ?
- Why is Scrum so popular ?
- Kanban: the new agile method, based on 'Lean Thinking'
- Scrum vs. Kanban vs. other agile techniques
- Which technique is best suited for your company ?
This is a seminar about agile, beyond the basics, beyond the hype, beyond Scrum.
16.45h - 17.45h
How to do Agile Software Development in Practice ?
- Why change ?
- Iterative development, smart use cases, burn down charts
- Letís go Scrum !
- How do you implement agile software development in your organisation ?
- Challenges in project management: how to control the backlog ?
- How does an agile contract look like ? What does this mean for the customer ? What does it mean for the developer ?
- From project backlog to company backlog !
17.45h - 18.45h
Dinner buffet with great food and excellent networking opportunities
18.45h - 19.45h
Teams and Roles: The New Roles in Agile Software Development
- What are the roles in agile projects ?
- How does the role of a project manager change ?
- The new customer
- The communicative multi-talented developer
- Integral testing. Boehm's Law
19.45h - 20.45h
Best Practices: Techniques and tools that you can apply immediately
- How do you estimate an agile project ? Days, function points, ... ?
- How do you plan an agile project? Practical example
- Stand up meetings
- Death-by-planning. Task boards, agile dashboards, and burndown charts
- Pair programming and side-by-side programming
- Unit testing, smart testing
- Frequently asked questions:
- How to convince customers to go for agile
- Is agile possible for product development ?
- Does agile work better with senior developers ?
- How do you guard the scope of a project ?
- What about architecture in agile software development ?
- Can you apply agile in large, enterprise projects or only in smaller projects ?
Summary and Conclusions
SPEAKERS » REGISTER »
End of this Seminar