Estimating and Planning with Smart Use Cases
4-Hour workshop on software project planning and time estimation, starting from a segmentation of the functional specs into Use Cases
26 October 2006 (14-18)
Location: Business Faculty Brussel
Presented in English
Price: 320 EUR
(excl. 21% VAT)
This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars
Check out our related open workshops:
Check out our related in-house workshops:
The workshop starts at 14h and lasts till 18h. We welcome the participants
with coffee and tea from 13h30 on.
A brief introduction into estimation
- What makes estimating software development difficult?
- When in software development projects do I need good estimates the most?
Introducing the cone of uncertainties.
- What aspects make up a good estimation technique?
- Some estimation techniques compared: Function point analysis, Use Cases,
Smart Use Cases, bottom-up estimation techniques.
- How estimation defines the project flow.
Modelling Use Cases as an estimation tool
- Identifying business requirements, processes and different levels of Use Cases
- Introducing Smart Use Cases
- Comparing regular Use Cases with Smart Use Cases
- Smart guidelines for modeling Smart Use Cases
- Dealing with user interfaces, complex business logic, service-oriented
architecture and model-driven architecture
Estimating Smart Use Cases
- Defining the weight of your Smart Use Cases
- Defining project velocity, using industry, historical, and project data
- Patterns in Smart Use Case modeling, such as manage-select, references,
- An overview of re-occurring types of Use Cases
- To what type of projects is Smart Use Case estimation applicable?
Planning with Smart Use Cases
- How do I minimise projects uncertainties using Smart Use Case estimations?
- The benefits of iterative and agile software development
- Determining the project velocity in iterative software development
- How do I determine when my software development project is finished?
- Do I allow changes, even late in the project? Dealing with scope creep using
Smart Use Cases.
- The benefits of continuous estimation & measurement.
Wrap-up and conclusions
WHO presents ???
Questions about this ? Interested but you can't attend ? Send us an email !