Pragmatic Modelling with UML and Use Cases
How to translate agile requirements in smart use cases and UML diagrams in a practical, pragmatic, productive and agile way ?
Price: 1450 EUR (excl. 21% VAT)
Check out the LEARNING OBJECTIVES, the FULL PROGRAMME and WHO PRESENTS this.
This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars
These related seminars and workshops may also be of interest to you:
Both workshop days start at 10h00. We welcome the participants with coffee/tea and croissants from 9h30 onwards,
and both days end around 18h00. Spread over 2 days, we will cover:
1. The smart use case approach:
Short overview of the workshop, how it all fits together
- Agile software development and agile requirements
- Determine project scope
- Identify business processes
- Identify smart use cases
- Model smart use cases
- Estimate smart use cases
2. Agile software development and agile requirements
A pragmatic and agile modelling approach to systems development projects
- Why model ?
- Why agile ?
- How does agile work ?
- Different levels of requirements: cloud, kite, sea and fish level
- User stories, huge use cases and the YAGNI (you ain't gonna need it) principle
- A pragmatic modelling approach, from business process to working application
3. Identifying scope and business processes
How to deal with business processes
- How do you set the scope of your project ?
- Which business processes are supported by the new application ?
- How do you model chronological and hierarchical processes ?
- Elementary business processes
- How do you use the OTOPOP (one time, one place, one person) rule to limit the scope of use cases ?
- The transition from business processes to smart use cases
This workshop starts where most UML trainings end: you will learn how to use UML and use cases in a practical, pragmatic, productive and agile way !
4. Identifying smart use cases
Smart use cases as a "fil rouge" in a project: how does this work ?
- Different levels of use cases - sea level and fish level
- From business processes to smart use cases
- How do you identify smart use cases in your project ?
- How to distinguish between the different types of smart use cases ?
5. Modelling smart use cases
- How to model use cases diagrams ?
- How to describe use cases
- Actors and use cases
- Use case scenario's
6. Implementing & Testing smart use cases
- The smart use case implementation cycle
- Writing use cases
- Test scenarios and test cases
- Unit testing smart use cases
- Testing in the agile life cycle
- Estimating projects, releases and iterations
7. Domain Modelling
- How to model class diagrams
- Modelling attributes, value objects, references, enumerations, associations, aggregations, composition, dependencies, ...
- What is domain-driven design
8. Requirements in Agile Projects
- Agile requirements. Business Analysis in an agile environment
- Roles in agile development
- Best practices when you use UML and smart use cases in agile projects
- The smart use case as a guideline for the "Definition of Done"
WHO presents ???
Questions about this ? Interested but you can't attend ? Send us an email !