Java EE 5: An Executive Overview
An Executive Overview of the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) 5
3 June 2008 (14-21)
Location: Pullman Diegem
Presented in English
Price: 540 EUR
(excl. 21% VAT)
This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars, or send us an email
Check out our related in-house workshops:
DAY 1: An Executive Overview of Java EE 5
13.30h - 14.00h
Registration, coffee/tea and croissants
14.00h - 14.30h
Java EE Status & Roadmap
14.30h - 15.30h
What was wrong with J2EE, what is good about the new Java EE 5 ?
- What were the main drivers for the change ?
- What is Aspect-Oriented Programming (AOP), dependency injection, ease of development, ... ?
- The need to improve productivity
- The move from thick clients to thin clients and to AJAX
- How can you position Java EE 5 vs. J2EE vs Spring/Hibernate/Struts ?
- The past, present & future releases of Java EE
15.30h - 16.00h
Coffee/Tea and Refreshments
16.00h - 17.45h
Java EE 5 Today
- An Introduction to:
- Web Services
- Dependency Injection
- EJB and JPA
- From JSP and servlets to JSF, JavaServer Faces (JSF)
19.00h - 19.45h
Java EE 5 Tomorrow
- SOA adoption in Java EE
- SCA: the Service Component Architecture
- Building composite applications using SCA/JBI and BPEL
19.45h - 20.45h
Java Frameworks and Java EE Extensions
- Web Beans and Seam
- What is happening with the Spring framework ?
- The effect of Ruby on Rails (and of scripting in general) on the Java community
20.45h - 21.00h
Wrap-up & End of Day 1
Questions about this ? Interested but you can't attend ? Send us an email !