Using AI and Data Science for Business
The Terminology, Understanding, Use Cases, Best Practices, Tips and Advice for Using Data Science and AI in your Company
18 May 2017 (14-18h30)
Register Now »
Location: Parker Hotel
Presented in English
by Geert Van Landeghem and Viktor Petrov
Price: 480 EUR
(excl. 21% VAT)
This event is history,
please check out the List of Upcoming Seminars, or send us an email
Check out our related in-house workshops:
Why do we organise this seminar on AI and Data Science in Business ?
During this afternoon seminar, we bring you up to speed in the state-of-the-art in artificial intelligence, and offer you a guided tour through the fascinating world of automation, (chat)bots, data mining, neural networks, (un)supervised learning, machine learning, deep learning and data science.
AI and its subdomain Data Science are in the news almost every day: from how "sexy" the job of a data scientist is to the "infinite" possibilities of Artificial Intelligence.
Beneath all the hype that surrounds artificial intelligence (AI), automation and data science, there are real breakthroughs in AI happening at this moment, and they are transforming the way we do business. AI developers are creating software that doesn't just do what is programmed for, but is able to anticipate the needs of customers and users through a combination of pattern recognition, knowledge mining, planning and reasoning.
This seminar will explain how Artificial Intelligence evolved throughout its "winters" into the narrow AI we all use in our daily life. Some studies predict that AI will change our jobs and our economy in a huge way. Even today, companies can already plug into AI from the cloud to start enhancing your employees.
Data Science is a subdomain of Artificial Intelligence which is already widely adopted by large organisations. It helps those organizations to define the next best offer to their customers, predict those customers with high probability in churning, segmenting customers into segments etc. We will give an overview what it means to be a data scientist, how data science can be used for business and how to start adopting data science within your organisation.
Who should attend ?
This afternoon seminar is aimed at business leaders and architects who want to understand what AI and data science is all about, what the benefits are of using both, and how to implement this within their organisation.
This seminar answers these and many other questions:
- What is happening today ?
- What is AI, data science, machine learning, deep learning ?
- How to adopt AI in my organisation?
- What is a data scientist, and how do you select and hire one ?
- How to organise a data team?
- How do you start a project, and prototype a solution ?
- How to improve sales revenue using data science?
- How to integrate Big Data, data science and AI?
- What are big companies like Amazon, Facebook, Google, IBM, Microsoft, ... offering ? What is the open source offering ?
- What does the future look like ?
- What is the impact of AI on jobs and economy?
13.30h - 14.00h
Registration and Coffee/Tea
14.00h - 15.30h
AI in Business
- AI in the news
- What is AI ?
- A brief history of AI
- You are already using AI
- What are the major players (Amazon, Facebook, Google, IBM, Microsoft, Salesforce, OpenAI/Tesla?, ...) offering ?
- AI use cases per industry
- Will AI kill or create jobs ?
- How to adopt AI using the AHEAD model (Automate, Halo, Enhance, Abundance, Discovery)
- Using AI from the cloud
Coffee/Tea Break and Networking
Data Science in Your Company
- What is data science?
- How does data science relate to AI?
- Data mining process
- Learning style: supervised and unsupervised learning
- Algorithms by similarity: regression, trees, ...
- From training a model to evaluating
- The toolbox: programming language, libraries, frameworks
Coffee/Tea Break and Networking
Using Big Data, Data Science & AI for Business
- Integration of big data, data science and AI
- Best practices
- The Data team
- Setting up a data science and AI competence center
- Case studies
- Trends and expectations
Discussion + Questions & Answers
End of this Seminar
Geert Van Landeghem is a Big Data consultant with 25 years of experience working for companies across industries. He worked on his first big data project in 2011, and is still consulting companies on how to adopt big data within their organisation.
He has worked as the Head of BI for a gambling company in Belgium, where he led a team of 8 people. He is an Apache Spark Certified Developer since November 2014, and has worked as an instructor for IBM and Datacrunchers, where he teaches Hadoop and Spark-related courses.
He is currently examining how Artificial Intelligence can be used for business use cases and as such followed the first IBM Watson and O'Reilly AI conferences abroad.
Viktor Petrov is an independent data scientist with over 8 years of experience working for companies across industries. He is using Python, R & Spark as his main tools to clean and analyse data on small and big volumes. His most requested services include machine learning design and execution, as well as metrics and dashboard development.
Viktor is currently working for a customer in the gambling industry, mainly on CRM-related machine learning.
Questions about this ? Interested but you can't attend ? Send us an email !